North Central Positronics is a company specializing in the production of robots. It is owned by the Sombra Corporation and was a part of the Imperium thousands of years prior to the beginning of the events of the Dark Tower series.
During their time in the Imperium they were at the forefront of the technological advances that allowed the Old Ones to bend the multiverse to their whim and replace the Beams with technological ones of their own. These achievements were made possible by merging technology and magic together in the Dogans they built, all of which were under Maerlyn's guidance.
The word "positronics" by Stephen King is likely a reference to Isaac Asimov. Whose robots had highly advanced processing units called "positronic brains".
The Dogan buildings seen within the Dark Tower series and comics were all constructed by this company.
Notable Creations[edit | edit source]
- Andy, the messenger robot from Calla Bryn Sturgis, many other functions.
- Nigel, the butler robot.
- Stuttering Bill, the maintenance robot.
- Psychic Enhancer Assistant, responsible for turning Sheemie into a psychic.
- Shardik one of the Beam guardians.
- The 'Z' shaped crank owned by Bix to help take people across the River Whye in his ferry.
- The Dogan
- Daria, NCP-1436345-AN, Guidance System given to Tim Ross
- Blaine and Patricia monorails
- The nuclear-powered well pump behind the way station