New York City is the most populous city in the United States. It serves as one of the main settings of The Dark Tower Series.
- The Drawing of the Three: Roland goes to three different "whens" of New York and draws Eddie and Susannah. The time periods were: 1987 (Eddie), 1964 (Susannah) and 1977 (Jack Mort).
- The Waste Lands: Follows Jake Chambers in 1977 New York while he tries to find a door to the Keystone World.
- Wolves of the Calla: New York was the background of Père Callahan's flashback, when he tells Roland's katet all his story until he got in Calla Bryn Sturgis.
- Song of Susannah: Susannah and Mia escape to the New York of 1999 to meet with Richard Sayre so Mia can birth her "chap". Jake and Père Callahan followed her to this "when".
- The Dark Tower: Roland and Susannah part ways, and Susannah enters the Unfound Door. On the other side she arrives in 1987 and meets the twinners of Eddie and Jake.
King states in the foreword to Song of Susannah that he takes several liberties geographically when describing locations in New York City. Previously, it was in the foreword of The Waste Lands, when he switched places several times during Jake's new life (the life he got when Roland prevented Jack Mort from killing him). In the third book, some streets were in different places of the real New York.
Places of The Dark Tower's New York
- Chew Chew Mama's
- Vacant Lot of Manhattan
- The Leaning Tower
- The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind