Magic is the ancient power which stems from the Prim. It can be used for many purposes and can even be used to construct magical artifacts. / Magic is the existing result of nothing clashing nothing repeatedly forever and ever./
The magic of the Prim has been used to make many magical items. None more powerful than what hides...
Resurrection - like falling in water through a door in the back of your soul.
Dying - like losing your religion.
illusions start with I and end when one wants it. Illusions are to be conjured only to entertain oneself at a time.
Magic can also be used to create doorways on any solid surface; they are used on numerous occasions by people to enter and leave worlds at will. The doorway links to the desired location the person wishes to travel to and draws itself onto the closest solid surface so a person can walk straight through unhindered. The more certain you are of yourself - practice makes perfect- and the better a name you know, the better the door will be.
It is useful for getting out of trouble, or the opposite.
Deck of Chance
The Deck of Chance is the card deck which Walter Padick wields. He uses it to predict future events such as during The Gunslinger when he palavers with Roland Deschain and reveals the cards of Eddie Dean, Susannah Dean, Jake Chambers, Jack Mort, Life, and the Dark Tower.
Known Cards and their meanings include:
- The Sailor - Jake Chambers and the rebellion of the people of Gilead.
- The Lady of Shadows - Susannah Dean and Gabrielle Deschain
- The Prisoner - Eddie Dean
- Death - Jack Mort
- The Dark Tower - The Dark Tower itself.
- Dominion - The ruling of the Gunslingers.
- Ruin - The Fall of Gilead.
- The Hanged Man - Possibly Charles Champignon
- The Magician - Walter Padick
- The Fool - Roland Deschain